3.31.2012

One-time Use Outfits?


Katy at ModlyChic posted about this topic, as did Gracey at Fashion for Giants, so  I thought I'd join in the conversation and add my two cents.
1. Are you a one-time wearer?  Definitely not.  I don't have the closet nor the budget to do that!  
2. Do you feel the need to purchase something new for an evening out or a special event? I don't feel a "need", per say.  If it's a really special event, then I'll go through what I already have, see if there's anything missing, then go thrift shopping.  Then I comb clearance racks, and the absolute last resort is to buy full-price retail for anything.  
3. Re-mixing is something a lot of bloggers are proud of being able to accomplish – are you a re-mixing pro or do you shy away from posting items frequently? Why? If you've been on my blog much at all, you know I wear a lot of the same basic articles.  While I try to mix it up and I do avoid posting if the outfit is a carbon copy of another already on my blog, I'm  not afraid to wear similar or repeat outfits.  I wouldn't say I was a pro, though, because so many of my outfits are so similar.
4. Do you have a clothing budget or are you an impulse buyer?  I have a basic monthly budget, but I usually hoard it for a few months and then spend it in a wad on things I know I'll wear.  This goes for whether I'm thrift shopping or not.  
5. Do you find yourself bored when reading a blog in which clothing items are often remixed and appear frequently?   Not at all.  In fact, I like it!  I've noticed at Ashley's blog how she'll wear the same shoes a few times over, and I appreciate the "human element"  that brings to her blog.  After all, not many fashion bloggers are consistently receiving articles of clothing from their sponsors.  
Want to link up and participate?  Click here for the original post!