12.23.2011

when friends come to call!

Technically we went calling on a coffee shop, not on one another's houses, but anyway.  My siblings were going to see "The Adventures of Tintin" across town, so I thought "hey, why not get coffee while they're at the theater?" and called up one my best amigas, Holly
So we did.
We curled right up in these here two leather chairs. 

Her 20-ounce-with-four-shots-of-espresso-macchiato-latte dwarfed my peewee hot chocolate... those veteran coffee drinkers!  Holly then treated us to a delicious slice of caramel apple cheesecake, and like the shameless blogger I am I had to take a picture of it.

The cheesecake was so perfect, I believe it could only be topped by something like this:
Mmm.  Delectable. 

Moving on, Hols and I headed up to the thrift store to find the perfect "ugly-yet-cute-enough-to-wear-again" Christmas sweater, and I think she scored big time:

Another neat thing we spied was this necklace, which is totally overdone but still the coolest thing I've ever seen.  I considered buying it but knew I'd just hang the piece up on my wall as artwork instead of an accessory!  What do you think?  Like it?
Since we'd killed about an hour, we ambled around downtown, then sat down again in front of the coffee shop (called Jolly's, which I thought was appropriate since I'm with Holly and it's Christmas... get it?)




Then we took pictures in an alley (in case you ever visit my town, you're required to take pictures in an alley.  we have very photogenic alleys.).  



We look like a bumblebee.  And that's all!  

Happy Christmas Eve, dear ones.  I hope you're off enjoying the holiday instead of reading my blog.  Get off your computer and get outside!  Take a walk!  Make it a memorable holiday - after all, the world may end next year before Christmas has a chance to come again!   

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting, please be nice.